Limited Edition Fractal Designs for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk
Fractal Art Images for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk

Wednesday 31 December 2008

Darts – A fitting final game for the 2008 season.


Greetings Bad Boys. The Final line up for 2008 comprised of Bad Boy regulars Pete and Malc along with a guest appearance of next seasons new boy John Nutting.

I am sure (as the rest of us already have) that John will gain plenty of Bad Boy monicas over the coming year, have you noticed how we all seem to have several names now? I’ll start early and call him Stan the man for tonight (yes there is a story behind that but I will leave John to explain that one to you)!

I chose to break some rules for one night only and dispense with the flipometers. I decided to pitch Malc and myself (representing both ends of the current chart %’s against Stan (knowing he probably would be quite handy on the arrows) hoping that might give us a decently matched game.

Well, I have to report that Johnny boy looks like he will be an excellent addition to the Bad Boys league next year. I suspect some of his nicknames gifted from other players might begin with B, F and C. It has to be said he was chucking arrows that would frighten any of us.

Fortunately JN’s poor old arm wasn’t used two a couple of hours of solid punishment (say ahhhh.... everybody) and Malc and I (being seasoned, trained professionals) eventually got the upper hand! Mind you it was a hell of a fight...

The final score line was: J 13 / 2456 PM.

Notable Events:

I think I have this about right: Both Stan, Pete and Malc had double semis in a turn. I also managed a bull-semi and think john may have as well.

The man from Oxon put a dart in the wall! (Hah, and you thought I forgot about that eh Malc?)

Malc , although never bagging a bull was shit hot on the semis, not to mention plenty of treble fifteen action.

Bull Wars: Stan 4, Peter 2. (Cough, not a bad first showing John).

Chart changes: None, had John’s score been eligible (which we agreed before the game it wasn’t) it would have been 33.3%. Malc’s % rose by 3.7% to 33.9%. Peter’s score remained static at 66.29%.

Well that is it for official scoring for 2008. I will try and get a year round up posted before the first match of next year (6th Jan 2009). If any of you have any observations you would like included, then give me a shout.

Game On!

Peds X

No comments: