Limited Edition Fractal Designs for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk
Fractal Art Images for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Darts – No quarter given or expected!



For my money it was another brilliant night of darts at the bad boys club. We weren’t mob handed; just four players but we still had a great time.

The crew consisted of Peter, Steve, John and Casablanca Mike. I had already made a mental note that this combination should produce pretty even odds on any selection making good opposition, was I right?

The flipometers did their work first time around teaming Pete and Steve ‘v’ John and CM. We wasted no time getting in to the action...

John and CM took the first. Steve and I retaliated winning the second. Then for my team it went a bit pear shaped as Stanley and Honda Mike (I thought I better use that nickname again tonight as it’s the last time I will be able to, officially!) took the third and fourth games.

I have to say Steve and I were getting a little despondent; it looked like we were going down the tubes. We grabbed a lifeline and bagged the fifth but what good did it do us? Not a lot as Stan the man and Mike the bike took the sixth game. With the odds definitely going against us we launched in to the seventh and took is and wonder of wonders we followed it up with the eighth!

The quick witted amongst you (that is all of us surely?) will have worked out it was a draw and depending on if you are a glass half full or empty person no one lost or won! Final score line JCM 1346 / PS 2578.

The games worked out pretty equally I reckon both sides had a game where they romped it and the rest were close and some very close! It was great competition and every time any player went off the boil the opposition were ready to take advantage and usually did!

Notable events:
A lot of trebles scored and quite a few ‘five of a kind’ by both teams.
I think I probably managed the highest scoring turn by bagging 8 scoring 18’s what a lovely pick up that was!

Bull Wars: Pete 4, CM 2, Steve 1.

Chart Changes:

Amazing.... Only one change! Steve rises from ninth to eighth place meaning Dave drops to ninth. This is unheard of, Dave in ninth place? Pull your finger out Redbond, Malc is right behind you!
The rest is unchanged. Papa is still a smidgen above Ian, CM and I are still level pegging and John and Mike-D are sharing the same percentage. Steve and Doddy are now in contention, so for everybody it is....

Game On!

Peter x

No comments: