Limited Edition Fractal Designs for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk
Fractal Art Images for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Darts – The Night of the Dart Juggler!




The nights are drawing in quite fast; sadly summer is over it seems, even at a quarter to eight as I kick started the hut ready for Bad Boy habitation the ambient light was fading fast. No problem, the hut perimeter lights are up to the job!

First on the scene (after P-resident Petro) was Monsignor Moth followed by Camp-Man, oops sorry I mean Camp-a-van -Man! Soon after; born again Bad Boy Freshwater-Fish-Steve arrived to make up the quorum.

Post flipometer the teams were Peter and Ian ‘v’ Casablanca Mike and Steve which I consider to be a reasonable flip.

The first leg went to Peds and Rushers as did the second and third, I hate to mention it but I must! One of those was a whitewash. Steve and CM fought back and took the fourth, missed the fifth but took the sixth, faded a little as Getitonbangagong and Ian took the seventh and eight games.

This left us with a score line of PI 123578 / W46 CMS. I would be the first to say that although I think Ian and I played the better darts on the night I don’t believe that a 6-2 victory accurately reflects the evening’s play, somewhere nearer to a draw would better reflect Mike and Steve’s performance.

Notable Events:

CM I believe (I think I may have been outside of the hut or distracted) scored a Bull / Semi combo to steal a game.

CM also had a few problems with dart fallout, for some reason tonight quite a few of his darts were not sticking. His first attempts to save the situation involved him skidding up the rubber mat to the board and making athletic grabs at the errant darts, some successful, some not. However his pièce de résistance was running up to the board and grabbing multiple darts as they fell out, he looked like somebody juggling darts!

I think Steve played some excellent darts and as has always been the case MOTM is not just awarded for the best darts of the night but to the player who exceeds their regular playing level on the evening, for me Steve deserves the award for tonight and I might also add that the MOTM chart shows Steve as top dog… It appears that he doesn’t turn up a lot but plays well when he does!

Bull Wars: Peter 2, Ian 2, CM 1. No Bullmeister tonight!

Chart Changes: Not a sausage! However the difference between CM and Ian now drops from last week’s 3.5% to less than 1.5% currently these two are a battle to watch! Doddy returns next week and Steve is his nearest rival, it would be interesting to get these two in the hut on opposite teams.

Game on!

Peter x

No comments: