Limited Edition Fractal Designs for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk
Fractal Art Images for your Desktop www.fractal.org.uk

Wednesday 24 September 2008

Darts – Getitonbangagong!


On many occasions when reporting matches here I have mentioned, alluded to, joked about and discussed psychic interference during our darts matches. Well, I now have to consider if one of our players seriously is psychic!

Should I be renaming Casablanca Mike Psychic Mike? I mean sometimes when he has hurled his darts on the floor I have thought about maybe Psycho Miko... Well, I now think Psychic Mike or the ‘Honda who sees beyonder’ might be more appropriate, hopefully the reason for this will become clear as you read on!

So, it’s early Tuesday evening and I get a call from CM who says he is sorry but he can’t make it tonight, No problem say I. After a couple of calls to see if there are any other bad boys who can pick up the slack I have turned up a blank. That’s ok Ian, Steve and I can flip and have a two ‘v’ one game.

The three of us gather at eight have a quick practice, enough double eleven’s are hit so that we feel ready to start. We flip the flippy things and it turns out that the teams are Peter ‘v’ Ian and Steve, a decent flip I reckon.

Let the game begin! Well readers please bear in mind that I am not usually one to blow my own ‘dart’ trumpet but on this occasion I have to! I was on bloody fire, playing out of my skin, wham bam thank you mam-ing it everywhere!

I walked the first three games with 200 leads and was cut to a 100 lead in the fourth, Ian and Steve controlled the fifth and I failed to give them much of a fight. I was thinking that the table had turned but managed take the sixth with a healthy lead, took the back seat again on the seventh and rallied to take the eighth leaving a final score line was P 123468 / 57 IS

Notable Events:

Trebles everywhere (for me), If Colin was still playing he would have said ‘How can you play against that!’

Pete scored 2 x treble 20 – twice.

Bulls were in abundance! Nearly as many as semis, 10 bulls between 3 players is damn good going.

Bull Wars: Ian 4, Peter 4, Steve 2

Chart Changes: OMG! Some of you will remember that last week I told you that Ian was denying CM second place by just over 0.5%? Unfortunately (for Ian) tonight’s results see him drop by about 1.00% meaning that CM has his first taste of the second position slot!

Now just tell me folks, doesn’t that sound psychic to you? Psycho Miko doesn’t turn up and lands second place! Steve has been trying that one for months and only gone down. Speaking of Steve, he drops about 1.75% but doesn’t change position; but Doddy is definitely chewing his arse at less than a percent behind.

Game On!

Peter x